Friday, April 25, 2014

Timmy Tag for April 2014 complete!

April showers bring Tim Holtz flowers.....or so it seems with the new tag for April. :)

Tim's tag this month is heavenly.  Of course, it usually ends up with not having all the supplies he used in his work, however modifying it can be so much fun and inventive. 
In this case, I used the Pine Cone die to cut patterned cardstock, and formed the paper spirals into roses as he shows in his You Tube tutorial on the use of the pine cone die.  These were formed and glued using a hot glue gun, and finally inked with Festive Berry and Scattered Straw Distress inks.

I cut the "lattice" out of grunge paper, saving the inside cut-outs for future use.  The lattice was painted with Forest Moss and Antiqued Bronze Distress paints and dried before anchoring to the tag with Glossy Accents. I used two inked grunge-paper cut-out pieces to insert back into the lattice frame, inking them up with Walnut Stain before insetting.
I dyed the ribbon with Scattered Straw Distress ink, attached a word band with my TH mini attacher, and added a brad made using one of Tim's custom fastener brads. 

Being that I also didn't have the philosophy tags and the wire pin, I created my own tag using a piece of the grunge paper cut-out pieces, and one of TH mini paper clips, sandwiched between two pattern-paper cardstock pieces. I then coated front and back with Glossy Accents, dried, and hug on the ribbon with a second mini paper clip. Too cute, I say!!

I hope you enjoyed this overview my tag project. I must say, this is one of my favorite ones.  :)
Thank you for letting me share, and happy inking!!
 



2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, my friend :) Can't wait until you post yours, as well.... These are beautiful! Hugzzz

      Delete